Shipping & Delivery
(UK Delivery on orders over £100 will be free of charge)
UK Royal Mail Special Insured Next day delivery by 1pm (If the item is in stock) – £7.00
LAST POST FOR CHRISTMAS:
UK – 22nd December
West Europe – 13th December
East Europe, Cyprus, Greece – 8th December
Canada/Poland – 9th December
USA – 12th December
Europe Royal Mail – Royal Mail Tracked & Signed £15
Rest of the world – Royal Mail Tracked & Signed £15
Transactions are taken in UK pounds sterling.
If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
We have beautiful and sophisticated packaging ensuring that your jewellery arrives in style!
Our standard delivery time is between 3 days – 6 weeks. If the item is in stock then delivery shall be within 3 days – if out of stock then the hand made item has to be made to order and can take up to 6 weeks. Please contact us if you should need something sooner and we shall endeavour to make this happen. It may be possible to complete the order more quickly.
If delivery within six weeks is not possible due to special circumstances, i.e. illness, or unavailability of materials, you will be given another projected timescale, and the option to cancel your order should you wish.
Our website will be updated on a daily basis however as the Products listed for sale on our site can be unique and are also for sale in our shop. It is possible that a Product may have been sold to someone else before your order is received. Therefore all orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you confirmation order e-mail.
You will be informed by e-mail on the day of despatch, and should receive your item the next day.
Parcels will need to be signed for in person, so please state a delivery address, where you will be present at the time of delivery (home or work). In the event that no one is available to receive your item a card will be left providing you with the option to have the item delivered at a later date or to collect your parcel from your local collection depot.
Exchanges and returns
For goods bought from the shop, we are happy to exchange items to the value of the original purchase price, or issue a credit note. This is subject to the item being returned in perfect condition, unworn and in its original packaging. We will only refund in accordance with your statutory rights: i.e. if the item is faulty. Jewellery can only be exchanged for jewellery not workshop classes and workshop classes cannot be exchanged for jewellery.
Returns Policy “Not quite right for me”
Jewellery is very personal and we understand that sometimes it may not suit the customer when actually worn – therefore we offer a seven-day refund guarantee in accordance with the EU distance-selling directive.
- This means that you can simply return or exchange your item for any reason. A Returns Authorisation. (RA) must be requested from Victoria Sewart within 7 days of delivery – please contact us for a RA code.
- Items bought within the UK must be returned within 7 days of receiving your RA code.
- International returns must be shipped within 7 days of receiving your RA code.
- Victoria Sewart will not accept items that are not returned in good condition. Items must not have been worn and they must be in the original packaging.
- On receiving the returned goods refunds will be made only to the purchaser and refunded to the credit card account used to purchase the item. Any purchases made by cheque will be refunded by cheque.
- Earrings for pierced ears cannot be exchanged for reasons of hygiene.
For all returns, except where the item is faulty, you will be required to arrange and pay for the return of the products to us. For faulty items please enclose the receipt and we will refund you.
We request that you return your goods via Royal Mail Special Delivery or similar secure service if overseas. Please note that we do not accept liability for loss of returned goods in transit.
If the jewellery purchased is for a gift then we can extend the returns policy if you contact us for a special RA code.
Extended Christmas returns period
Victoria Sewart Contemporary Jewellery Gallery happily offer an extended period for customers to exchange their gifts or to receive a credit note or gift voucher. All requests for an exchange, credit note or voucher must be made before 7 January. Our returns policy remains as stated below.
If you have received an item from Victoria Sewart as a gift you can return it for exchange within the parameters outlined in this Returns Policy. Please call us on +44(0) 1752 220011 to arrange this.
Please note that these terms apply to purchases made via the website only. We do not give refunds for unwanted items bought in the gallery in Plymouth, but we are more than happy to exchange them or issue a credit note.
Exchange items can only be dispatched after the returned goods have been received and have undergone a quality control check.
Alternatively, if you see something you simply must have, you can make your purchase by phone or online and we will refund your original item when it is returned to us.
Exchanges are subject to product availability. You will incur any shipping costs for such exchanges outside the stated timescales. Any further returns of exchanged items outside the stated timescales will again be at your cost for the shipping, and refunded only as a credit note.
To return an item to us for exchange, please follow the procedure laid out above.
For all exchanges please complete the item code/s you would like to exchange for and any relevant size information on your return note. Any difference in value to the original order will be refunded as a credit note or if the value of the new item/s is greater than the original purchase value we will contact you to arrange payment before the item/s are dispatched.
Commissioned items cannot be exchanged.
How to proceed if you wish to return faulty goods
- In order to return faulty items you must obtain a Return Authorisation (RA) number by emailing us at email@example.com and then follow the standard returns process as detailed above.
- Faulty items will only be accepted if the goods are delivered to the customer damaged, or if there is a subsequent manufacturing fault within a period of 6 months after delivery. All items returned as faulty will be inspected, and any item displaying damage deemed to be a result of fair wear and tear would not be accepted as faulty.
- Where possible, items may be repaired on request but only where such items are deemed faulty and repairable. Repairs do not come with any guarantees.
- It may be possible for us to repair items which have suffered wear and tear. There will be a charge for this service which is to cover the cost of shipping and any other costs incurred.
Receiving a refund
Refunds will be made within 30 days of the date of cancellation notice.
We can work with different designers to help you commission a piece that is totally bespoke. It may be that you like the style of one of the pieces in the gallery but would like to combine it with elements of another. Or you may have a very clear idea of a design that you wish to commission and would like some help finding the designer who is most suitable to make it.
This could be a wedding ring that is so unusual and personal that it will be special forever more, or a pair of cufflinks to mark a special occasion.
Don’t forget that we also run jewellery-making classes above the gallery – so you could even come in and make your own.
If you would like a piece commissioned then this needs to be discussed firstly by phone (+44(0) 1752 220011) before a quote can be acquired.
The gallery shall endeavour to work with you and the maker to make sure that the finished piece is as close to the decided design as possible. We must point out that commissioned pieces are interpreted from the design and hand made.
You are advised to allow 6-8 weeks for commissions.
Like many items your jewellery needs to be cared and looked after
- Skin and hair products can react with jewellery causing it to tarnish and discolour, as can perspiration.
- Remove any jewellery before physical exercise including gardening to ensure it is not damaged. Chemicals found in swimming pools will cause extreme tarnishing. Water will also contribute to tarnishing of your jewellery. Therefore always remove your jewellery before entering a pool or the sea.
- We recommend taking off some jewellery for sleeping that could become damaged, for example necklaces using snake chain can kink.
- We recommend storing your jewellery in an airtight box or zip bag to prevent tarnish from the air over time.
- To remove tarnish and brighten up your silver pieces we recommend using a silver dip solution. Always ensure you clean your item after silver dipping, with warm soapy water and a dry it thoroughly.
- Do not dip gold plated items and oxidised silver, you can use warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush Take extra care when cleaning jewellery with gemstones and pearls and if unsure, do ask your local jeweller or contact us for further assistance.
Gift Vouchers - How They Work
A gift voucher may be used as part or full payment on products online. Gift vouchers purchased online can only be used to purchase jewellery through the website. However, gift vouchers are also available to buy in-store at the gallery. If you do not wish to use the entire value on a single purchase, you can use you voucher code multiple times until the entire balance is used up. After purchase you will be e-mailed the balance on your gift voucher code. Your balance will also be displayed in your account.
If you wish to make a purchase which is a higher value than the code is valid for, add the item to the basket, apply the code and you will be able to pay the outstanding balance as you would usually. Gift Vouchers can not be exchanged for a cash alternative. Returned items will be refunded in the form of a replacement code not cash.
We use the standardised system for sizing with sizes H – Z available.
- The best way to get an accurate size is to ask a local jewellers to size your finger – this may incur a cost if you are not intending to buy from them.
- Do not guess, as it is very important that it is accurate.
- It is imperative that your hands are not too hot or cold, as they will swell.
If the ring ordered is not at the correct size then we can re order a new size free of charge. However this can only happen once and within our 10 day returns policy and it can take up to 6 weeks for the new size as the ring will have to be commissioned by the designer. Please read our guidelines for returning items.
If it is a surprise gift
Again the very best guarantee of getting the correct size is to get that person’s finger measured at a jewellers – The next best option is to take a perfectly round ring of that persons into a jewellers to be sized – please be aware that the left and right hands are usually different sizes, so the engagement ring finger is likely to be a different size to the equivalent finger on the right hand.
If none of the above is possible then you can purchase the ring as a gift and we can replace it with the correct size – you must return the ring within the 10 days and you must be aware that the replacement ring may take up to 6 weeks as it will have to be commissioned by the designer.
The average bracelet is 20cm long
The average bangle is 6.5cm diameter
On request, the above sizes can be altered to suit and as with rings can only be exchanged once and can take up to 6 weeks for the new size to be commissioned. Please see our guidelines for returns.